It's interesting how many accounts there are of Jesus' trial. I counted 10 (counting the four Gospels as separate accounts.) That's fascinating to me. Maybe it shouldn't be, but I imagine that most trials in that area and that time didn't have more than one or two accounts, if any. Maybe that's incorrect, but it seems that the spotlights seem to be on this trial. Even more interesting, is how much noise came form that trial, considering how little, the accused actually spoke. He offered no resistance, no pleads for mercy, not even any logical arguments as to why he shouldn't be killed. Strange, that the man who had never lost an argument, even against some of the brightest minds of his culture, didn't offer a single point of argument when death faced him. Paul describes his death as voluntary in several of his writings (like Rom 4:25). Strange that the biggest trial, most talked-about trial in history contained an innocent convict who was willing to die...for the ones who were killing him.
Alex H.
Wednesday, March 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Alex my brother,
I too find this area of the gospels and the accounts of the trial in other parts of the NT to of intriguing importance. I do however agree especially with the last few statements you made since you reminded us that it was completely His own will that He was there, tried, convicted, and crucified. It reminds me of a spotless lamb going to the slaughter without saying a word.
Post a Comment