Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Jesus Must Be Having An Idendity Crisis

I had heard for a while now that the disciples weren't always the brightest characters. This is something I did not learn in Sunday School, however. I had always thought of the disciples as the people who knew what Jesus was all about almost as well as Jesus Himself. After really getting into the Gospel of Mark, though, I can see just how little the disciples actually did understand. Even Peter, one of the closest people to Jesus, did not totally get it. It just blows my mind to think that the disciples really didn't understand the messiahship of Jesus until after the Resurrection.
I imagine I would have been in the same boat as the disciples. Unlike the disciples before the Resurrection, I have the privilege of knowing how the story ends.

1 comment:

Matthew Duran said...

I can totally understand what you are talking about. However, I know that we know the ending of the story, but the disciples had the man himself. How could they be so shallow not to understand that this guy healing people and raising the dead is God in human form.