Tuesday, April 10, 2007
Parables
I've always thought Jesus use of parables is interesting. He could have easily made his point without a creative story, and with a message that didn't require much interpretation. As I read the DJG, it points out that Jesus was not the first to use them. He was, however, the first to use them "consistently, creatively, and effectively." These parables "hold up one reality to serve as a mirror of another." I personally find it interesting to read the parables and find out more about the meaning Jesus had behind each one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I also enjoy the fact that Jesus used the Parables in his teaching. Jesus had teachings without parables but when he really wanted to make his point he used a story. He left his crowds with something to think about. That's what I love, he shares a story and leaves it up to the crowds to figure out what he said. How enticing then is it to follow Jesus to discover all of his knowledge.
Post a Comment