Wednesday, March 14, 2007

What makes our message different?

To go off of the idea about the t-shirt slogans that we talked about in class I though of something. When my oldest brother Tim and my dad and I went to the LSU game this past fall, Tim showed me how he kind of viewed Christians. He began to joke around about it and then said this to one of the LSU fans "Could I talk to you about making Darren McFadden your personal lord and savior?" When he said that at first I just laughed it off. But thinking back on it I realize that it is how he views Christians. And I think the reason he says things like that is partly do to Christians throwing around religious language in the same way that a beer commercial advertises. And when we do that we are basically saying that are message is no different from a beer commercial. But our message is different because it is the message that saves people through Christ's blood.

No comments: