I really liked what Garland had to say on the contempory significance of Mark 11:1-11. As Easter approaches this year I am already in anticipation. This year I plan on putting more of a focus on Good Friday that I have before. Personally I have never made a big deal about Good Friday. I remember hating having to go to church on that Friday night when I was younger. I didn't realize the significance of it. I think a lot of people are like that today. Palm Sunday and Easter are nice because we get to feel good, but we forget about Good Friday, the day our Savior died. In this passage the crowd is all excited because their "messiah" has come. The think that Jesus will be who they expect He is. They abandon him, however, when they realized that He didn't come for the reasons they thought. Jesus did not come to give us glory. He came so that we can give him glory for what He did on the cross.
Aaron Abbott
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I agree with you. I never think anything about Good Friday. But you are right it is when our Savior died for us. The reasons we are forgiven of sins, have life, and can have salvation is by the blood Jesus shed on the cross. So I think along with you I will think more about that this year on Good Friday. Thanks.
Post a Comment