Tuesday, February 20, 2007
People Suprise me sometimes
In studying the gospels and the exorcisms Jesus has been apart of i have learned alot about demons and exorcism as a whole. But, what blows my mind even more is how people in our day and age seem to not understand about demons. All the time people are wondering if demons are real or if they still exist, its almost like demons evaporated into thin after a certain point. I just dont understand why people can't grasp the concept of demons sometimes it absolutley blows my mind. While looking at exorcism books and papers for the class paper I have found out so much more abotu exorcism and demons than i had ever known, and i just hope i can use these things ot help people better understand about demons and exorcism.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You are absolutely correct. We don't hear much about demonic activity today. I have often wondered why the more educated of our community seem to discount their existence. I once got into a debate with an elderly coworker on the existence of demons. She had the entire staff laughing at me. I was bewildered. On another note, people don't believe God can still send visions either. That "God doesn't speak to people that way anymore." God hasn't changed. Our spiritual struggle hasn't changed.
I think that people don't believe in demons because they don't want to. Our culture wants logic. Demons, (and the whole Gospel message, for that matter) are not logical. Why is existentialism so popular? Because it's logical. Anyway, some people also think that demonic activity is NOT demonic activity. Many Indian tribes in the Dakotas, medicine men especially, summon "spirits" to heal and kill for them. But to them, they are not demons. They are "spirits." The Devil certainly has blinded the majority of people on this earth. The question is...how do we deal with this?? The only answer I have is the Sunday school answer but it's a good one....prayer.
i wonder sometimes how much power a demon has in who and when it takes a person over. i wonder if a demon has ever tried to possess me or has. some people may think i have a demon in me when i'm acting crazy. sometimes i think my cousins are demon possessed. a few times i have exorcised toby because he had the demon "TED" within his body.
Post a Comment